Friday, May 1, 2009

Mother of the Year




On Thursday's I have been taking the boys rock climbing at the local gym. Each week the boys have been venturing a little higher. It's fun to watch them reach their goal for the week. It all started one afternoon when Devon FREAKED out, I mean he really freaked out. I'm like "Devon knock it off, calm down, your fine, put both hands on the rope." "IF YOU DON'T STOP!!" It went on for about three weeks and yes each week I yelled at him. I was about to say "well maybe we won't climb anymore" when my nephew and the boys were like "come on mom you try." "Come on please." With a smile, flip flops, and a mind set of "I'm going to show them" I headed up the wall with ease. It's about 50 feet to the top. Up I went quite pleased with myself on how fast I was moving. Then it happened, with only 3 feet left to go...I had a nervous breakdown. I looked down, then up, the kids, now with a crowd were yelling "go mom go." "Come on, you can do it Rachelle, it's 3 feet." I froze, if I go up then that's 3 more feet I have to go down. So I started climbing down ( you are never supposed to do that) and my flip flop slipped. All you could hear was me screaming. Brayden said I said "oh shoot" (except not the edited version). I fell about three feet before the harness caught me. Have ever had to go to your child and say: "Mommy is sorry??" (me) "Devon mommy is so sorry, I will never yell at you again when you are up on that wall. I will try my best to talk to you calmly and make sure I really understand you." Needless to say Devon and Cameron are doing great at tackling that wall, me on the other hand, I am loving cheering them on.

1 comment:

  1. You are an awesome Mommy! It is one of the most humbling roles in life isn't it?! ;) I have to tell Kylee and Jude I am sorry all the time.
    -Tara

    ReplyDelete