Sunday, May 10, 2009

Soar cheeks




I'm hooked, Saturday May 9Th I did my first bike ride with my girlfriend Carrie. It was a 20 mile ride all over Lewies County. It was called the Lewie County Historical ride. We had a blast. The weather was awesome. A little cool, but perfect for riding. We had one challenge along the ride, and when I saw it with me eye's I was mad because I thought for sure I'm going to have to get off my bike and walk. (Carrie is an amazing rider, she rides all over and 20 mile to her is a warm up) I didn't want Carrie to have to wait for me. Let me compare this hill for you to something you would understand. It was like the hill in puyallup going up the back side of Canyon from Wattson's. Have you ever had a mind war with your self? Well I did that day, finally half way up the hill I said to my self "don't look up, keep your head down, and ride". Needless to say I made it to the top with out walking. YA! I can't wait for the next ride JB and I are going to run a 5.2mile race next weekend. Now that should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Shell!!! I am proud of you. You guys are work out machines.

    ReplyDelete